Joseph S. Daly
phone 402-397-6200 (Local)
1-(888) 4SODORO (Toll Free)
Admitted to Bar 1970, Nebraska.
Creighton University (A.B. 1967; J.D. 1970), Four Year Letterman Creighton University Baseball, Phi Alpha Delta.
- Omaha, Nebraska State and American Bar Associations;
- American Board of Trial Advocates (National Board Member and Past President – Nebraska Chapter);
- Defense Research Institute;
- International Society of Barristers,
- former National Member of the Board of Governors (3 year term),
- Current Member Board of Governors of the International Society of Barristers Foundation and current President;
- Nebraska Chapter American Inns of Court,
- Master of the Bench, (former President, Nebraska Chapter);
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation.
Mr. Daly has been with the Sodoro law firm since his graduation from law school in June of 1970 and clerked for the Law Firm of Emil F. Sodoro, P. C. for two years from 1968 until 1970 during his second and third years of law school.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Daly has handled and tried to jury verdict, hundreds of cases all over the State of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. He has also tried cases in Kansas and Alaska, obtaining a defense verdict in a multi-million dollar insurance defense construction case in the United States District Court for the District of Alaska in Anchorage
Over the years Mr. Daly has handled numerous high profile personal injury and professional liability cases, several of them involving multi-million dollar claims. For several years he defended the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo in multiple personal injury cases, one involving the actions of “Paj” – the largest elephant in captivity in the United States at the time.
Mr. Daly continues to be very active in the defense of professional liability cases with an emphasis on medical malpractice.
Mr. Daly is an “AV” rated lawyer by Martindale Hubbell and is a lifetime Fellow of the Nebraska State Bar Foundation. Mr. Daly has been asked to serve on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska and for several years was the Chairman of the Public Service Committee of the Omaha Bar Association.
He also served for six years on the Disciplinary Review Board for the Nebraska State Bar Association, having been appointed by the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Mr. Daly has been recognized as a 2012 through 2018 Great Plains Super Lawyer. The Super Lawyers selection process is strictly merit based.
Mr. Daly is married and the father of five adult children.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- General Negligence
- Trials of Personal
- Injury Liability Claims
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Nebraska, 1970
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, 1970 J.D.
- Creighton University, 1967 B.A.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- 20l6 to 2018 Great Plains Super Lawyers
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates – National Board Member Past President, Nebraska Chapter
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Barristers
- Former Member National Board of Governors; Member of the Foundation Board of Governors
- Nebraska Chapter American Inns of Court; President Elect, Master of the Bench
- Phi Alpha Delta