phone 402-397-6200 (Local)
1-(888) 4SODORO (Toll Free)
Admitted to Nebraska Bar 1987 and celebrating 30 years of active practice. Education: Creighton University (B.S.B.A. 1984, J.D. 1987). Member: Omaha and Nebraska State Bar Associations; Eighth Circuit Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, CLM Member.
Mr. Selde engages in the defense of claims made directly against insurers and underwriters, in trials of negligence cases, litigation involving products liability, surety, errors and omissions, professional malpractice, liability of architects and engineers, construction cases, and auto negligence suits. He has, over the course of years, worked in a variety of professional liability cases, defense of Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Facilities and in cases involving environmental matters, including ground water contamination. Mr. Selde is a litigator who successfully tried over 27 solo civil jury trials, including trials in areas as varied as products liability defense, medical malpractice defense, construction liability, environmental claims and personal injury litigation. Further, Mr. Selde has argued numerous appellate matters to the Nebraska Court of Appeals, the Nebraska Supreme Court, and is active in the Federal Court and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Selde has Litigated cases on a pro hoc vice basis in Florida, the Florida Court of Appeals (Ninth Circuit) and Florida Federal Courts, Iowa and South Dakota.
Mr. Selde has served as the past president of the University of Nebraska College of Medicine Parents and Facility Association, represents his Church of St Johns at Creighton University in charitable activities and in the Honduran Mission trips and volunteers his time and effort to keep active and involved with his wife (Susan) in academic and social activities and with their four grown children in a variety of outdoor activities.
Areas of Practice:
- Complex Claims and Electronic Discovery
- Environmental Matters Ground Water Contamination Surety Law
- Errors and Omissions
- Automobile Negligence I Transportation Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Defense
- Railroad Litigation/FELA
- Property Damage/Loss Claims
- Products Liability Litigation (including Medical devices)
- Fire and Explosion Litigation
- Mold Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Closed Head/Brain Injury
- Appellate Litigation
- Nebraska, 1987
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, 1987 J.D.
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, 1984 B.S.B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Omaha Bar Association Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association Member
- Defense Research Institute Member
- CLM member
- All Nebraska Courts (1987)
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit (1987)